First The Picture: Can you guess where this was taken? A place celebrating the history of a nation. A quote from a learned forefather of our country. If you can guess that place, great, if you can narrow it down to the monument, Wonderful!
Second The Question: What is your favorite subject to learn about? Do you enjoy it because it comes easy for you, or do you enjoy it because it challenges you? Do you love the idea of school or dread it? Besides school name, some other ways you learn… What things do you learn about outside of a traditional classroom?
Third Next Steps: Start a pen pal or e-pal relationship with an older relation or mentor. Start with a fun introduction of yourself. Some creative ways to introduce yourself in writing include: try to write a poem about yourself. Or write out your full name and attempt to use each letter as a trait that describes you. (see below) Once you do a fun intro, start a dialogue with your pen pal, by asking questions about their likes and dislikes, memories etc. Feel free to use the questions from this blog. Or if it is easier simply do the blog with them in writing. Share your answers of each post and then invite them to send back their responses! It is a great way to build a long distance relationship with a loved one!
Example:(here is one I did with my daughter’s name)
- M: Miracle of watching you grow up each day
- A: Adoring and kind, in so many ways
- D: Dramatic and darling, our dainty spitfire
- I: Intelligent mind, a little live wire
- S: Sweet Maddie girl, always gentle and caring
- O: Outgoing and fun, good at leading and sharing
- N: Natural born traveler, you love someplace new
- E: Enthusiastic and happy, people gravitate to you
- L: Loving to others, from human to beast
- I: Imaginative mind, with a memory that won’t cease
- Z: Zany and silly, you’re a crazy young girl
- A: Adventurous spirit, out to shake up the world
- B: Bright shining star with a world to explore
- E: Energetic and motivated, always pushing for more
- T: Tender and loving to your sweet baby brother
- H: Heart of an angel, there can never be another, Madison!
Looking for more Explore Galore Kids fun, try one of our books: http://exploregalorekids.com/merchandise/explore-books/